Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dead Guy Ale



Beer: Rouge's Dead Guy Ale
Brewery Location: Newport, OR
Style: Maibock/Helles Bock
Serving Style: Draft
ABV: 6.5%

This was my first beer on my trip to the Heorot Pub in Muncie, IN. I have actually never had this in any form, so I was excited to give this a try. It pours a very nice deep amber color with one finger of white head on it. Sweet malt and floral aromas are the first thing that hit me. The first sip is very malty and well balance with medium carbination. As the beer warmed I got a good taste of toasted malts and a unique yeast flavor I am not familiar with that added something for me. This is a very well made beer and taste like real beer should taste. I am going to give this a try in a bottle and see how it lives up to the freshness and crispness of being on tap. Great offer from Rouge here.

4.0 Pints out of 5!
Cheers!
Matt

No comments: