Monday, October 1, 2007

Three Floyd's Alpha Khan


Beer: Three Floyd's Alpha Khan
Brewery Location: Munster, IN
Beer Style: American Strong Ale
Serving Style: On-tap
ABV: 7.5%


This was my first beer on my trip to FFF's this weekend. It was presented in an imperial pint glass with two fingers of white head sitting on top of a nice amber hued body. The lacing was very strong on this beer as I got deeper into it. The smell is all hops with heavy scents of pine and a slight spice scent I can't really put my finger on. I like it, but I am not sure what scent it is. The taste is really striking. Caramel malty sweetness upfront followed by a hop bite heavy on the grapefruit and pine flavor. The flavor profile is perfect and very well balanced. The mouthfeel is smooth and creamy with very light carbonation. This went perfect with my sandwich and it was very thirst quenching. As far as I know you can only get this at the brewpub. That is a real shame for me. This would probably replace my standard in my fridge if it did. I think this beer would be good just about anytime at all.

This is an exceptional beer from FFF's. I just hope they will start bottling it in the very near future.

4.5 out of 5.
Cheers!
Matt

No comments: