Monday, October 1, 2007

Three Floyd's Gorm Noire


Beer: Three Floyd's Gorm Noire
Brewery Location: Munster, IN
Beer Style: Belgian Dark Ale
Serving Style: On-tap
ABV: 5.2%


My second beer of the day was Gorm Noire. This wasn't on the menu last time I was here, so I was quick to give it a try. It is presented in a tulip glass with a dark brown slightly black hue with a small tan head that collapsed on itself very quickly. The first scents are of fruit and Belgian yeast. As it warmed a little bit I got more spices and a slight malt touch. The taste is mostly dark fruit on the front of my palate, but finishes with a light smokey flavor and cherries. The mouthfeel is very smooth, but I think the carbination is actually rather high and gave the beer a creamy texture. The drinkability is good, but I don't think I would have more than one at a time. The alcohol is low, but wouldn't make for a good session beer. This isn't what you would expect from FFF's, but I think it's a good change of pace and am glad to see them offering this.

4.0 out of 5.
Cheers!
Matt

1 comment:

CorrND said...

Ok, this is just crazy. Not only did we both go to Three Floyds in the same week, but we both had the exact same two beers!