Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tyranena Bitter Woman IPA


Beer: Tyranena Bitter Woman IPA
Brewery Location: Lake Mills, WI
Beer Style: IPA
ABV: 5.75%



I've been a fan of Tyranena since I was able to give them a try last year. I will be certain to pick them up if I make a trip up to Wisconsin. As far as I know, and from what their website states their beer is only available in Wisconsin. I sat down outside a couple nights ago and had this offering that I received in trade recently. I think the label art catches the name of this brew quite nicely.


Bitter woman pours a clear golden copper tint with a small cap of bright white head on it, and it left minimal lacing on my pint glass. I get a mild hop presence in the nose with hints of grass, citrus, and pine needles. I would say that the carmel malt has a bigger precense than the hops do on this offering. The flavor profile is where the hops come to life with plenty of fresh citrus fruit upfront and on the finish with the fairly soft caramel malt flavor coming in. The mouthfeel is good with medium carbonation, but I feel the body is rather thin on this one. The drinkability is pretty good for this offering, and would make a decent session brew.

Overall this was a decent beer, but I wouldn't go to it very often. The thin mouthfeel and toned down body of this beer. I enjoyed Tyranena's brewers gone wild series the most thus far, but this one just didn't do it for me, but I am ready to give some more of their beers a try if I can get my hands on more of them.

Cheers!
Matt

1 comment:

Matt said...

'Bitter Woman' - great name haha