Monday, November 12, 2007

Bell's Winter White


Beer: Bell's Winter White
Brewery Location: Comstock, MI
Beer Style: WitBier
Serving Style: On Tap
ABV: 4.5%


My second beer that I will be reviewing from my trip is the winter white.

The beer pours a very hazy cloudy orange hue with a very thin white head of lace. The scent is dominated by the wheat in this beer. That is honesty all I could smell for the first few drinks and then finally the bouquet opened up a little bit. I got some coriander and slight citrus notes. The flavor profile is rather unique. Blasted upfront with the sweetness of wheat followed up by a slightly bitter touch of hops on the finish. Very well balanced and kept me wanting another sip. The mouthfeel is what I wasn't a fan of on this beer. Very thin and didn't coat very well at all. The carbination is just a little to much. For my tastes I wish it was backed off just a little bit. The drinkability overall is very good for this beer, and I would order this if I saw it on tap near me.

A good effort from Bell's on this beer. Not my personal favorite, but good nonetheless. In terms of style representation I think it does a good job for a Witbier, but it wouldn't be one of my first choices in the style.

Cheers!
Matt

No comments: