Sunday, September 9, 2007

Two Brothers -- Hop Juice

Beer: Two Brother's --Hop Juice
Brewery Location: Warrenville, Ill
Style: American Double IPA
Serving Style: Bomber
ABV: 9.9%


Hop Juice is a Double India Pale Ale with a serious 100 IBU's and 9.9% ABV.

I am a fan of Two Brothers and I hope they continue to offer this. The bottle states it's limited run beer and when it's gone it's gone.

I poured this from a bomber into a 20 oz imperial pint glass.

It pours a beautiful dark gold hue with a small off white head. My first smell is of bready malt and pine. As a hop head I can't wait to take my first drink.

It's very heavy on first sip. As the bottle states this is for a hop head. It's big and tart on first sip, and then a wonderful caramel flavor hits the back of my palate. For being 9.9% the alcohol is very well hidden. As the beer begins to warm a little I start to really taste some grapefruit and pine. Light carbonation and very easy on the mouth.

Overall this is well balanced, very easily drinkable for me. My favorite DIPA is Dreadnaught from 3Floyds, but the Hop Juice was 5.99 for a bomber. In terms of a value I would grab two of these for a little more than 1 dreadnaught. With a little more malt this would be competing with Yulesmith and Dreadnaught.

If you are not a hophead I would stay away from this. If you are a hophead, this is a must try.
4 full pints out of five!

No comments: